The wedding tree unity ceremony should be a personally unique experience, with the wording you choose representing your wishes for your future together. Here you will find inspirational readings, quotes and sayings that you can use during the ritual, include on your event materials or attach to your wedding favors.
Ceremony Readings for a Wedding Tree Unity Ritual
"Because they are primeval, because they outlive us, because they are fixed, trees seem to emanate a sense of permanence. And though rooted in earth, they seem to touch the sky. For these reasons it is natural to feel we might learn wisdom from them, to haunt about them with the idea that if we could only read their silent riddle rightly we should learn some secret vital to our own lives; or even, more specifically, some secret vital to our real, our lasting and spiritual existence."
- Kim Taplin, "Tongues in Trees: Studies in Literature and Ecology"
A portion of your soul has been entwined with mine.
A gentle kind of togetherness,
While separately we stand.
As two trees deeply rooted
in separate plots of ground,
While their topmost branches come together,
Forming a miracle of lace against the heavens."
- Janet Mills, "The Power of a Woman: Timeless Thoughts on a Woman's Inner Strengths"
"In a cool solitude of trees
Where leaves and birds a music spin,
Mind that was weary is at ease,
New rhythms in the soul begin."
- William Kean Seymour, "The Cats of Rome: New and Selected Poems"
"It was as though we'd been living for a year in a dense grove of old trees, a cluster of firs, each with its own rhythm and character, from whom our bodies had drawn not just shelter but perhaps even a kind of guidance as we grew into a family." - David Abram, "Becoming Animal: An Earthly Cosmology"
"Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come." - Robert H. Schuller
Tree Quotes for Wedding Invitations and Programs
- "A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love." - Saint Basil
- "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein
- "I'm planting a tree to teach me to gather strength from my deepest roots." - Andrea Koehle Jones, The Wish Trees
- "If what I say resonates with you, it is merely because we are both branches on the same tree." - W. B. Yeats
- "Do not be afraid to go out on a limb. That's where the fruit is." - Anonymous
- "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit." - Khalil Gibran
- "Stand together yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, and the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow." - Kahlil Gibran, "On Marriage"
Sayings about Planting Trees for Guest Favors
- "He who plants a tree plants hope." - Lucy Larcom
- "Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come." - Chinese proverb
- "The planting of a tree shows faith in the future." - Lucy from the 3/3/63 Peanuts comic strip
- "Thank you to all the branches on our tree of life." - Anonymous
- "Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree." - Martin Luther